Bandits and bits

 


Another bunch of figures roll off the painting queue and into the 'waiting to be based' parlour. This time it's 24 Bandits. These guys are going to form the core of one of players forces. There will be two groups of 11 bandits plus a leader each. 



I've spent that last week plugging away at them, sometimes it's easier just to do figures in uniform as you can just do a single colour per session. Units like this feel like they take forever with such a mixed pallet. 

It was said that all the soldiers in the Warlord armies were bandits in uniform and all the bandits in China were just soldiers looking for an army. As such, these guys are going to be just as effective as their uniformed brethren. I am going to try and thinking of some sort of special rule I can give them, just to give them and edge. Maybe reduce the distance they can be spotted at, or increase the roll to spot them. Maybe increase their ability to spot. Something that reflects their more local flavour any way.


I've aslo been roughing out some ideas for cards. As you might know, Through the Mud and the Blood as a card driven system, like Sharp Practice. The original plan was to adopt the card system of the SP2 and retrofit it onto TMATB. I'm still planning to try this out but I also want to have a set of cards that I can play Mud and Blood with (if the SP2 system doesn't work). So the plan is to get a set of cards printed that will work for both systems and having pics of the Big Man the card is referring to actually on their, making the players live smuch easier.


Whilst I was tidying up at work I cam accross the sketches I'd done to try and work out how the buildings were going to look. You might remember me working on this one from a few posts back. It's finshed now and has been undercoated (so it doesn't photograph to well!).


These sketches give you and idea of what I was aiming for with these buildings and even some of the ones I've still to work on.


And finally, a bit of armour. An improvised armoured car from 1st Corp that is going to be going up against the FT17. I'm going to convert this one a bit and put a turret with a machine gun on top so that both sides have a little bit of punch.





Comments

  1. I prefer the varied unit over the uniform company these days. So I'm a big fan of these bandits. Some great colors in there. Being different makes them the same :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment