I put some if these pics up the other day but someone on the forum asked for a walk through of how I built the new scenery do I thought I through a load of pics up and see what sticks.
I don't have any pics from earlier stages but the above two give you an idea. First thing to build were the angles pillars. One strip of 12mm mdf. Maybe 120mm wide and 400mm long. Cut on a table saw with the blade at an angle (67.5 degrees). Reverse one side and glue to the other with PVA. Leave to dry. Two more pieces of 12mm (80x500) glued to make an L bracket. Left to dry. One piece of 8mm (50x500) glued to the bottom. Angled piece run through straight saw do that top and bottom are parallel and then cut into 20mm sections and glued in place between top and bottom of L piece with 60mm spacing (doubles are placed where I intend to cut the whole piece into smaller sections.) Another piece of 8mm is used to create a bannister and a larger piece for the back wall. Basic shape done. (Spare pillars are used to make arches on upper walkway)
Detailing is made up of sections of flexible-mdf cut to size and glued in random orientations with pieces if square wooden rod glued inbetween.
Wooden dowel if various sizes is cut up for pipe work and other random protrusions!
When dry the whole lot is cut into three and any overhangs cut off.
I also built a couple of corner sections. One 90 degrees and one about 60.
The corner arch just happened to be a scrap piece of mdf with a hole in!
On to painting. Whole lot gets covered in matt black.
Then a rough sprinkling of matt grey while the black is still wet.
Then a collection of random colours that I've found in the cupboard are sprayed in an expressionist stylee.
Which looks like this.
Then a couple of shades of Mig rust pigments are used to give you that 'I need a tetanus shot' look.
And here they all are finished.
I should be able to get a game on them this coming weekend to look out for battle reports soon. I'll try and get some posters printed out to add a bit more of a lived in feel and maybe add a bit of grafitti in places but all in all I'm pretty happy!