Cheeky purchase

While reading the Judge Dredd story 'the cursed earth saga' I suddenly had a burst of memory from my childhood. Mainly that the killdozer in the story was actually a toy made by matchbox. 5 minutes on evilbay later and I'd bought one! 
And another vehicle that came with it. (I think I may have been a little drunk again ;)) Thing is that I didn't even do any research about scale but from what you can see above it's not actually too bad! 

I've also done a bit of work on the Nether Port Watch. 
Undercoat on, flesh on faces and flag made (it's not glued on yet so that I can take it off and paint it. I reckon I'm going to go with green and off-white to stick with the not-Edinburgh theme but I'll also put a heart in the design ;)

Cheers for now! 

Comments

  1. I continue to watch the watch with great interest! You reckon these'll be Albion based (in keeping with the not-Edinburgh theme) or do you think the miniatures lend themselves more to an Empire setting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking more along the lines of Felderberg being a town in the Empire, I haven't really thought about it too hard until now. I suppose it could be from a Northern province with tradig links to Albion. A bit like Denmark which would give us some shakespearian plot ideas. But it really depends on the plot lines that games and campaigns develop. When are we going to see your efforts?

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately doing work stuff right now (can't you tell? Look how productive I'm being!) which has stopped any painting/modelling work. I have some fimir to finish up which I'm hoping to do this week, after which I'll move onto this. So yeah, within the week all going well.

      Delete
  2. I have that! And a misdile launcher one. If i remember they'd be true 25mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tracks need replacing on the killdozer and the whole thing needs painting which I'm hoping won't be a sacrilage!

      Delete
  3. Just how more Rogue trader than that could you get. I have to find some of those toys too to make some super scenery !
    The watch is taking shape nicely, I'll try to catch up with you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not massively familiar with all things Dredd but I knew this rang a bell - did you ever see the Killdozer project Steders started on the LAF?

    Liking the Watch too - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Land Raider, I re-read the Cursed Earth epic today while off work poorly sick. Classic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment