I did have time today to finish the last member of the pirate crew.
Secondly, axiom posted up an image of his Bratt gangers latest set if wheels on the Facebook group. This caused all kinds of fuss and funniness but eventually morphed into the rather daft idea of playing some kind of insane rogue trader / demolition derby game at BOYL14. It quickly became obvious that several of the usual suspects were also 'well up for it' so we decided that using the GorkaMorka rules and just going for it for shits and giggles would be the right thing to do! So, I need a vroom-vroom!
Luckily enough I already had this model sitting around in my man cave as well as some bits and pieces to convert it with. It's an old Russian Armoured car. It's not greatest kit and doesn't fit all that well but it'll do!
During the week the stonecoldlead got in touch to let me know that he'd nominated me for a Leibster award which was lovely. Now, Asslessman had nominated me not so long ago so I reckon I've done all the truthing I need to for a while although I did say I'd answer his questions, I'll also nominate a bunch of blogs at the end of this post in order to share the love! so here goes.
- Do you have a model or group of models that hold a particular sentimental value to you, and if so why is that? No particular miniature holds much sentimental value but it is nice when you come across figures that you remember playing with 25 years ago. Part of buying old figures is about giving the 12 year old you all the figures that they wanted but could never afford. So thats most of the figures I own then!
- If you could have your likeness sculpted in miniature what type of model would you choose? It'd have to be a grizzled veteran man at arms, a kind of career soldier. Either that or a space smuggler :)
- What video game would you most like to see a range of miniatures based upon? I'm not a huge video game player but how about a decent set of shadowrun figures?
- Would you like to see Games Workshop go under and disappear from the industry completely? No. But I would like to see a collapse followed by a takeover by the creative element.
- Do you have a guilty pleasure when it comes to miniatures? A particular model or range that kind of sucks but you love it anyway. Iron claw, especially the space pirates. Silly figures but love them none the less.
- Slotta bases, love 'em or hate 'em? Round ones are great, square bug me with their crap choice in facings.
- What was the most disappointing miniature or game you've ever purchased? Condottiere by Foundry. Such a great period of history deserved so much more!
- Have you ever seriously considered selling off all your models and games and just packing the whole hobby in? That's exactly what i did in my teens but I occasionally think about thinning down the hordes.
- Will zombies ever lose their appeal amongst painters and gamers? I've never painted a zombie so i'm not allowed an opinion.
- What's the best bargain you've got off Ebay (miniatures/gaming related)? I actually don't know, I got all my third edition warhammer books pretty cheap and my Ork dredds were pretty easy on the pocket!
- Gem or opaque dice? Opaque - my green gem dice hate me
So, 11 more blogs that you should be visiting.