Mexican Town Planning


With my first couple of solo games completed with my Filibusters, I decided that I needed some more buildings in my town. 
I got straight onto the internet and ordered from Sarissa Precision. I got a Cantina and a church.






I also ordered some bits and pieces from Fogou Models as well, Some wells, ruins, ovens and jars.


For the Cantina I used some plastic moulded roof tiles in order to create a more realistic roof. I also added bits of balsa offcuts round the edges of the veranda just to improve the textures. I played around with the Fogou models to see where I liked them. 


The building was given soem plaster texture over the walls using the quick drying polyfilla that everyone should have for this kind of job. It also got a sign to hang on the balcony which was just found on teh internet and printed of in variety of sizes to see what suited best. The final addition was a sleepy little villager sitting out in the sun having a siesta.



The Church is a lovely kit and I think it's based on the chrurch from the Magnificent 7. Apart from added plastic moulding to the roof (a bit of a faff as I didn't have quite enough so had to be inventive with the placing) and a bit of ployfilla texturing it was straight out of the box. Both buildings got a drak brown undercoat and then a range of drybrushing up to white to give the required colours.


And then all was set. The board was complete. The figures were painted. Time to play some games. But bloody Covid is getting in the way! But Huzzah! Virtual Lard is here to save the day! More on this next time!



Comments

  1. Oh man makes me want to go cross the border! Love the use of the Fogou bits as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you are over here we'll take a journey.

      Delete
  2. Certainly makes me want to get back to historicals... or at least a western. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you've transformed a set of tiny resin orner pieces into a very substantial piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The MDF base is doing all the heavy lifting there.

      Delete
  4. That is some magnificent and flavourful scenery. I can almost feel the dust in my eyes. It's amazing how good Sarissa can look when it's modeled thoughtfully and painted well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MDF buildings just need a bit of love and attention and you can get some really good results.

      Delete

Post a Comment