I built me a Daemon Prince






With my Chaos Army growing, I decided that I needed to build myself a Daemon Prince to lead the Horde, especially in later editions where they are a viable choice but also if he gets accidentally imprisoned in a sword in 3rd ed.





I wanted an old school model to go with he rest of the army so this meant Kitbashing using old parts. There are a surprising number of 2nd hand 'bits' on ebay and after an evening of searching and bidding i'd bought the parts above.
 

I farted around on the computer and gave myself a rough Idea of what I wanted him to look like. Scale was the main issue but I took an educated guess. He has the body of a minotaur, a Chaos Ogre head, the wings of what I think is a Cockatrice and the tail from a Scorpion. All Citadel or Marauder parts.


Once I started to put him together I decided to swap out his weapon for something more Nurgley and gave him a sword from the Blight Kings set (maybe a chaos weapon of Nurgle?) as well as a Pauldron with a nice fly motif.
To give him a bit of height I stuck on some tactical rocks.


A bit of Green stuffing around the head and on the back to cover the wing joint and to fill the gaps between his hooves on the rocks and he was done apart from adding a little nurgling hype man.


And then it was on to painting. He was great fun actually, I stuck to the rough colour schemes of the army he was to lead so he is fairly bright in a grungey kind of way. Lord knows when he'll see a battlefield but he'll do the job when he gets there! 


 Cheers!





Comments

  1. I like this guy. He looks like the sort of mad and almost all-metal conversion they used to print in White Dwarf. The tactical rocks make his pose look much less wacky than before, and the nurgling is great. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this model! I wonderful completely unique Demon Prince. Fantastic paintjob too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent looking demon prince, strangely enough my Nurgle demon prince is also the body of a marauder minotaur but with the dead dragon head from a dragon slayer and some wings I bought in Games Workshop in about 1980!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, a really good Oldhammer kitbash

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment