Commanding Company


Those of you that have been around here long enough will know that one of the periods that im fascinated by is the Dutch Revolt and more braodly, the 2nd half of the 16th century.

I collected two forces for largish skirmish games but had to make do with whatever miniatures I could make fit the brief. 


Since then, however, the Assault Group have released a superb range of figure to suit the early period of the Long War and I'm finally getting back round to taking advantage. I bought a load of Spanish figures in January as well as some of the Sea Beggars figures and I'm wading into them with this Spanish Company Command.

I've added some figures from Arsenal/Warlord range to round out the group. Spanish Company's would be leas by a Captain and would have Lieutenants and Sgt's beneath him. He would also have an ensign and usually two drummers and a fifer. The Fife wasn't for communicating orders but was for playing tunes over the drummers. Apparently he could play whatever he wanted as long as he kept time

I really enjoyed painting this lot. I've got some arquebusiers up next, with pikemen waiting in the wings. The pikemen might get bumped however as I have just put an order in for some Dutch Lancers! 

Cheers




 

Comments