More Chaos Shenanigans





Riding the wave of new found enthusiasm for my Old School Chaos army, I completed another 6 Beastmen that were needed to round out a unit of 20.



Add a suitably goaty banner and we've got a bunch of murderous hairy boys, ready to bury their blades in the scalp of anyone that gets in their way. The unit is a mix of C series and ROC era sculpts from Jes Goodwin, Bob Olley, Kev Adams and probably folk like Aly Morrison. There are some Pestigors from the early 2000's in there as well as they are nice models and give the unit a more rag tag look (as if they needed it.


You might have noticed that the unit is sitting on its own rather nifty movement tray. I made these at work (shh!) and it was always my intention to use the round bases so that I could play as wide a variety of games as possible with the figures. The movement trays allow me to use them in a more traditional, WFB type game.



Just for completion's sake, here's the 6 models that I painted up to add to the unit. They all got the same initial drybrush and then detailing colours after that was kept within a theme. The figures that needed it were given the plastic Gor Shields that the rest of the army use and then the other figures in the unit were provided with them as well.


My enthusiasm knew no bounds however and I went on to paint this lovely unit of Minotaurs. As a friend pointed out, they ended up looking like baddies from a Saturday morning Tv show and, you know, I'm bloody happy with that!


But there's more! A unit of centaurs found themselves under my brushes as well. I had intended to use the Marauder champion for the unit but as I had a broken Thug in armour and a centaur body missing a torso, I went ahead and did the sensible thing and converted a champion for the unit.


The back rank does contain a double but as far as i'm concerned, there is nothing more chaotic than a crimson doppleganger following you around so I kept them both.


One of the influences on this army was the battle report in White Dwarf 123 and I am one unit of Beastmen away from recreating the 3000 point army list from that game. I have the figures and we'll see if the enthusiasm for this project sees me through to the end. In the meantime I'm going to repair the post that I made about that battle report (links have died) and repost it so that it's easy to find.

Comments

  1. Fantastic! An enviable collection of minis and great paint jobs to boot. The centaur duplicates look distinctive enough it's not super obvious they are clones. And speaking of clones, I'm certain one of the attributes in realm of chaos was just that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting efforts! Awesome productivity level too sir :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, so lovely. Impressive guys, I find the colours enjoyable, they all look enormously cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little devils! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment