The Expanding Army of Chaos - Another Thuggish Entry


A long, long time ago, I started a chaos army. I had haunted the darker reaches of ebay long before the Oldhammer group made it's move to facebook and managed to build up a hoard of Chaos in that I was very proud of.


Ever since I have occasionally revisited this Horde in order to paint a figure there, a unit here. It just so happened that Marc on twitter posted up some Chaos Warriors he'd painted and it spurred me on to revisit the army.


The first unit I grabbed was 20 Chaos Thugs. These will match the other 20 that I'd already completed.

I also dug out a unit of Chaos Dwarf crossbow....

and 5 Minotaurs.

In between looking after the kids and the youngest's birthday celebrations I managed to spend a half hour or so at a time daubing colours onto the spiky boys.

I even made myself some time to paint up a rather Picasso-esque banner for the boys.

While doing my digging I realised that I've actually got 14 Beastmen painted. After pulling the bases off some of them, I figured it would be an easy win to get that unit up to 20 as well. 

By the end of my half term the thugs were done....

Which gives me this many Chaos types so far....

10 Centaurs looking for a priming.....

6 Beastmen looking to catch up with their Brethren....


 And the Minotaurs hoping to be next in line.

More to come!

Comments

  1. Nice (or should that be 'nasty') looking horde. Love that banner! Pablo would be proud :-)
    Rob see

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great half term homework! I especially love the banner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a proper old school horde!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot dog! It warms my heart to see so many minis that I remember from old (so old) white dwarf magazines. You have a full on chaos army at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a long time since I last saw such a charming Chaos Warband. I do love every tiny detail here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment