Trial Runs and Lonely Fun


After spending all that time and effort painting the Romans and Goths, I took them down to the Devon Wargames Club and gave them their initial run out. The full write up of the day can be found on the club blog Romans Vs Goths

Here are a load of pretty pictures of the game.











I learned a lot from that game. Some of the rules were being played wrongly and I noticed that the playing area didn't really work as all the action ended up being at one end of the table. So with that in mind and the Lardy day in Bristol on the Horizon, I ran a couple of solo games. I rotated the table round 90 degrees so that the target areas were along the long edge of the board and I played through the game a couple of times to make sure that I understood the rules well enough to explain them to someone else.


Then all I needed to do was pack everything up nice and neatly and rock up to Bristol Independent gamers....

 

Comments

Post a Comment