New Regiment of Old Thugs


On a bit of a roll at the moment so we might as well take advantage and splatter the paint while the mood takes me. This is a regiment of the classic Marauder miniatures Chaos Thugs form way back in 1990. 



The set contains a full command and 2 different sculpts for the troops so they are very much in the vein of the old Regiments of Renown.


I freehanded a banner for them as well and with a little help and advice form Rochie at http://buriedunderlead.blogspot.com/ I came up with a design I'm happy with after a couple of false starts.


This gives me a unit of 20 bow armed thugs and the option to upgrade the leader to a hero with some lovely pistols and the champion is wielding a lovely big sword that could be counted as a magic weapon of some sort.


I'm pretty chuffed with this lot. Next up for the Fantasy treatment are some Chaos Dwarves I reckon. See ya!

Comments

  1. baller!! I sure wish they had produced a couple more trooper variants...but still a lovely unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of extra sculpts would have been awesome.

      Delete
  2. Love the deeply contrasted skin tones on these lads! The unit looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they are boss. Your chaos force is looking great mate. Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Punks not dead! 🤪
    Very good banner!
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty cool Col and your chaos army now must be quite something. We need a group picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mate, stop being so productive, you're making us all look bad! I'm struggling just with getting the orcs and goblins from heroquest done, and you've got two whole units done, including one of cavalry? Makes me despair

    Seriously, great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try slowing down a bit but I can't promise anything!

      Delete
  7. Those are really cool. The hand painted banner sets them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3rd attempt at the banner and Rochie helped a good bit.

      Delete
  8. I love all the old Marauder miniatures. Such a nostalgia vibe. Great job with these.
    On a side note, have you seen Trish has been posting all the original green stuff of her sculpts on her FB page. I thought you’d appreciate those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, its been great seeing all the old greens appearing and it's fascinating to see which ones she sculpted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely awesome. I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic work! I had this regiment as a kid and did a terrible job of painting them - these look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really great unit. I love how the banner turned out as well. You're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful work on one of the best chaos regiments. I do love command that includes a champion AND a leader. That's a proper command set. You've painted them in quite realistic but not dull tones, which is no mean feat. The hair in particular really lifts them. A cracking unit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those models are fantastic. I think I still have a bunch in the loft waiting to be painted, as they have been since 1990 apparently...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment