Not in my Dojo!

The wife and I are both choked with the flu that we caught off the wee man as we looked after him this week. He's fine now but we are both plodding around after him like a pair of nurglified zombies. Strangely it has given me time to get my Sensei warband finished, seems the painting takes my mind off the crappy illness symptoms. So with out further a do......
The whole gang with the 3 newly painted figs in the front row.


The afore-mentioned leader. A Sensei named Zander Van Zant. (a combination of a bloke I knew at school and the brothers in Lynyrd Skynrd!)

Griff Dander. A human hero. Saw his whole platoon wiped out by a Chaos renegade who was then dispatched when Zander arrived and destroyed the evil warband. Griff was so impressed he joined in and has never left Zander's side since.

Emderly Sawtinaly Sumpton IV. A human psyker. Born to a noble family on a quiet agricultural planet he developed strange powers in his teens. The family astropath felt his development and advised him of his likely fate. Emderly ran. He was tracked down, to be used as a sacrificial offering in some vile chaos ceremony. Zander rescued him at last moment and took him under his wing.

Yardymiel. Eldar hero. Thats all anybody knows. Quite handy in a fight though.

Barnaby 'Barns' Hunt. Sensei. Drawn into Zander's orbit by accidentally both hunting down the same renegades. Barnaby is a couple of hundred years older than Zander but spent longer trying to avoid his calling. He is far less gung-ho than Zander and more likely to attempt to think his way out of a problem rather than wading in blasting and slicing.

Gerson Graniteheart. Squat Hero. Gerson fought alongside army units with his brotherhood/regiment for many years. He reached the equivalent of Major during the Darsan Crusade and was in command in Gable's End when the Army units he was supporting were infected by some vile chaos pox and turned on their squat allies. Gerson and most of his command unit fought clear but the damage done to the Brotherhood was devastating. Rather than returning to his Stronghold in defeat he vowed to track down whoever was responsible for the disaster at Gable's End and destroy them. During his wandering he ran into Zander's warband and found some kindred spirits with similar feelings towards the great enemy.

Comments

  1. I love the Squat, don't get me wrong, they're all cool but the conversion work gone into the squat tops the rest, you've pulled one off brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *that one off brilliantly, certainly not saying only the Squat is brilliant!

      Delete
    2. Being married i don't often get a chance to pull one of nowadays! ;)

      Delete
  2. Man THAT was quick !
    The band is awesome, seriously, we all say this but it is. you just nailed some excellent conversions and the whole band is characterful as can be.

    Brilliant. (have to hurry on mine now...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much, I love all the ideas ping-ponging around the blogosphere. it's great get bits and bobs and all credit to you for reminding me of the Sensei and encouraging me to do the warband.

      Delete
  3. They look brilliant! Exactly how these Inquisitorial/Rogue Trader/Sensei type warbands should look I think.

    I cant place the model parts used on Zander Van Zant. A Catachan sergeant or similar I am guessing, but beyond that I dont know. I love his hair: it makes the whole look work.

    Seriously cool. I want to play a game against these guys some time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he is a catachan sergeant that I had sitting around for ages, the head is from the pistoliers sprue I think. His hair looks a bit like one of my mates (maybe 20 years ago!) so I always take the piss saying it's supposed to be him. I'd love to give you a game sometime. Are you going to oldhammer day this year?

      Delete
    2. I am planning to make the trip to the Oldhammer day with theottovonbismark. Hopefully I will get to see this warband when Im there.

      Im not sure what skirmish 40K is planned, but I am sure that we could organise something. Maybe an Inquisimunda style thing with a handful of cool guys like this per side.

      I never had an interest in a Sensei Warband before this week and now... wel l lets say that I am reconsidering slightly...

      Delete
  4. 20 years ago, snort. (More like 25)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work sir! A great looking Sensai warband that you have pulled off with aplomb.

    The only thing missing is for the squat to own a black dropship with a large red stripe painted along the side...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment