Back once again like a renegade master!

I think I may have set myself a bit of an impossible mission to get all these figures painted before next Friday. 'But you've got loads of time!' I hear you say. Ah! But no! Tomorrow we head off to stay with relatives for the rest of the week. The wife and I are both still up to the ears in nurgles love and I go back to work on Monday. So my painting time will be limited to the evenings after the kids are in bed and the wife has grown bored of my face. Still I'm not doing too badly. I've got the renegade, 4 marines and a Zoat done. 
I'll get more pics of the whole bunch when I've got more time. 
This leaves me with another marine to do - either the heavy bolter one (I reckon it may be too powerful for the game I'm planning) or another one that's in the post- and 8 humans. I've got the figures undercoated and the first fleshtone on so I'm on my way. Piccies next week. 
A little taste of the clash to come. Cheers! 

Comments

  1. you...inhuman...machine ...oO

    I know I should hate you with jealousy but I will keep loving you with admiration...

    Great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Cheers Assless! I have too say I'm having a bit of a purple patch. I'm really enjoying my painting again and it's down to the encouragement from fellow bloggers like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is looking great! I can't wait to see what comes next. Gotta love those stretches of inspiration and drive...I'm in the middle of one myself. A figure per evening, it feels great!

    I gotta ask how you got that effect on the renegade's weapon. It's seriously cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarification: the sword, I mean. Both weapons are cool, but I really like the purply swirling effect on the sword.

      Delete
  4. Looking great - keep churning them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure you've not managed to get a day that is longer than 24hrs? So much high quality output...

    Oh, and I'll second Mattias' question - from the photos it looks like you've got a pattern-welding effect; how? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers folks. The sword is actually embarrassingly simple. Mithril silver, coat of Baal red wash, draw random swirly patterns with thinned mithril silver!

    Just realised that I didn't do the back of his sword!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather say 'ingeniously simple!' Sometimes the best effects are the simple ones.

      Delete
  7. Hi!

    Fantastic looking little warband! I wish I could paint as quickly as that!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done it again Dude, awesome, simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment